Monday, November 4, 2013

Disappointed by our printers, Creda Communications, on our launch day

On Tuesday 29 October 2013, we had planned to visit three Primary Schools in Mitchells Plain (Mandalay Primary, Harvester Primary and Beacon View Primary) and distribute over 900 copies of OAKY AND THE SUN.

Unfortunately, our printers Creda Communications let us down.

We had many issues trying to print the books which delayed the whole project by 2 weeks. The books were supposed to arrive on Monday 28 October, but at 4pm I was notified that they was some problems with the trimming of the covers so had to be reprinted but they promised that the books would be delivered 7am the next morning - in time for our 9am session at Mandalay Primary.

On Tuesday 29 October 2013, I arrived at my brother-in-law's house at 7:30am and was horrified to discover that the books hadn't been delivered!!

I called Creda several times, the woman that I was dealing with was in a meeting, so I told the receptionist that I urgently needed to speak to her and that our books hadn't arrived. I even contacted the other salesman in JHB to try get hold of her. At 8am, we hadn't heard anything from Creda so we had no choice but to cancel the day's events...

We had to phone the Principals to tell them that we would not be coming. I also had to quickly call the volunteer readers to tell them that we had to postpone the day's events. Sadly, we had to disappoint 3 schools, 10 volunteer readers, journalists, donors and almost 900 children :(

I went into Creda's office, they apologized but the damage was done.

We took 400 of the books that were ready, they said that the rest of the books would delivered by 1pm.

At 1pm there was still no books. I called at 14h30 to find out where our books were, the lady said that she would call me back. She called back later saying they were still finishing up the books. She called back at 16h10 to say that the books are being dispatched so we should get them shortly. We waited, the books finally arrived at 6pm!

The customer service from Creda has really been terrible! They let us (and everyone involved) down.

We sadly will have to consider other printers going forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment