Monday, November 4, 2013

Meet Volunteer Reader... Anel Olsson

Anel is a mother of two gorgeous toddlers, originally from Jo'burg and lives in Somerset West with her partner and best friend Alber. Anel studied Drama in London and plans on studying Linguistics. She loves holistic living and art.

Some feedback from Anel about her experience:

"It's so wonderful and inspiring to know that people doing good are alive and well. I got involved with the Read to Rise initiative via Social Media. When Taryn and Athol Williams called out for volunteers to read at Meadowridge Primary I jumped at the opportunity. "

"Not native to the Cape I panicked all the way there that I would get lost and also that I would be hijacked by gangsters who would kill me. Well let me tell you, nothing could be further from the truth. Friendly strangers helped me to find the school when I took a turn too soon and the kids from Meadowridge were enthusiastic, bright, well-behaved and adorable! I got warm greetings, hugs and smiles! It was evident that the kids loved 'Oaky and the Sun.' They participated excitedly in the reading and Q & A. "

"Hats off also to the teachers at Meadowridge who teach about 40 kids per class. I highly recommend volunteering to spread the love of reading. Literacy will empower our people tremendously. Join Read to Rise!"

No comments:

Post a Comment